What are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash Extensions lengthen and thicken your own natural eyelashes. Lashes are applied using a single lash extension to each individual natural eyelash, one-by-one, for a natural, beautiful and flawless look.
We use only mink lashes for the healthiest, natural look and feel.
What do Eyelash Extensions look and feel like when applied?
With proper application, meaning one eyelash applied to one natural lash, the look and feel is completely natural.
The feel is weightless, unlike strip lashes or other self applied lashes. You can brush them, swim with them, etc. You shouldn’t notice them being there.
How long will a set of Eyelash Extensions last?
When applied properly, eyelash extensions will last the length of the natural growth cycle of your eyelashes. Everyone’s experience will differ based on day-to-day activities, but most clients come in for a fill every two to three weeks.
How will I know which Full Set to choose from?
Prior to application, we will have a consultation to find out which Full Set best suits the look you desire as well as your lifestyle.
How should I arrive to my appointment?
Please arrive without any makeup, oils, or creams in the eye area. Also, wash lashes with an oil free cleanser. This will ensure the best bond to your natural lash, which in return will help them last as long as possible.
Why choose Michigan Advanced Aesthetics
Knowledge, techniques, and a true passion for our client’s personal beauty us the perfect choice for lash extensions. We are a Medical Spa and pride ourselves on making sure the health and safety of the lashes come first!
How to care for lash extensions within the first 48 hours:
- Avoid touching or rubbing lashes
- Avoid water or steam near lashes-(most critical in the first 24 hours)
- No crying or moderate to heavy sweating, saunas, facials, etc
After 48 hours:
- Avoid playing with, pulling, picking, plucking, or over combing lashes
- Avoid all waterproof eyeliner
- Do not use oil-based or waterproof mascara! Waterproof mascara or any type of oil based mascara can dissolve the bonding agent and shorten the life of your eyelash extensions causing them to fall sooner. Care also needs to be taken in washing off the mascara.
- Hang a towel in the shower for blotting to keep eyelashes dry. Do not let shampoo, conditioner, or cleanser rinsed into the lashes at all. Do not let them get wet with water pressure.
- Blow dry with hair dryer turned up at the waist on a low setting or air dry
- Avoid anything creamy, oily, slippery, or greasy near lashes (especially makeup)
- Apply eye creams in the morning and away from lash lines
- Set makeup or creams with a powder around the eyes
- Avoid products with oil
- Be absolutely consistent in removing eye makeup and/or lash serums (if you are using one) daily to avoid eye infections, build up, and lash mites (Extremely important to clean daily!)
- Get lashes touched up every 2-3 weeks
- If you feel like you are losing more than normal-check the lashes and see if your own is attached, if it is not, then double check your routine and make sure you are not using anything with oils including makeup.
- Enjoy waking up everyday with your beautiful lashes!